zyxBackup is a shell script, designed to perform different backups on a local computer. It makes a compressed archive of all backup selected in the configuration. It can also encrypt the archive, and upload it on a FTP server, or copy it via SCP.
This script is designed to be executed in command line, or via a cron job. You can also copy it into /etc/cron.daily for a daily execution.
Features (can be activated separately) :
- Backup a selection of files and/or directories.
- Backup MySQL databases.
- Backup users' homes directories (full or only hidden configuration files).
- Backup the list of installed packages (Debian / Ubuntu).
- Encrypt the final archive using GPG.
- Upload final archive via FTP (using ftp-upload) and/or SCP.
- Send a report by email.
- Download and gunzip the archive.
- Edit the script to set the differents options.
- Turn the script executable (chmod +x)
- Check also the dependencies.
Older versions :